Purchasing a new home is one of the most exciting and memorable events in your life. At TCBC, we are committed to providing the highest level of personal attention and service throughout the entire process. Our Customers are our #1 priority. You can trust that your TCBC team will be there to guide you every step of the way.
We are honored to be your builder!
The first step in bringing your dream home to life with your personal design consultants
Start in our plan gallery to see some of the possibilities
Select your house plan
Select your elevation
Customize the Structure,
make the home uniquely yours
Plan edits, exterior finishes, and more
Finalize Your Financing
Our team of preferred lenders offer competitive rates and a variety of loan programs to ensure financing options that fit your needs are available to you.
- Understanding that your new home may be the largest investment you will ever make, we will do our best to make the process of securing a construction loan to be as seamless as possible.
- Sign contract & loan documents to close on your loan and set aside a construction contingency for upgrades and any additional personalizations you would like
- At the pre-construction meeting you will be introduced to the members of our team who will be your direct contacts. We will review your structural selections that you have chosen and discuss the construction process and timeline.
- The fun part of building a new home is the ability to personalize it to fit your needs. Design consultations will be scheduled to finalize interior selections & customization that reflect your personality and lifestyle will.
The TCBC Difference includes the ability to interact with your construction team via our web portal that will provide pictures, videos and communication with our team as we manage the many steps that are required to build your new home.
Any remaining selections will be completed during the build process. The build process includes permits, site preparation, pouring foundation, framing, plumbing, electrical and HVAC, insulation, drywall, interior finishes and trim, exterior work, final trades, and flooring
During the Build Process
Your Design Consultants will guide you through the entire selection process from our Selections Centers.
Cabinets | Countertops | Appliances | Flooring | Paint Colors | Lighting Fixtures | And More
- Prep and Pouring Foundation
After your blueprints are finalized and you get the go-ahead from building authorities, your lot will be prepared for building. It’s heavy equipment time, so expect backhoes, bulldozers and dump trucks. Workers will clear trees and other obstructions, level the lot and dig the holes and trenches. Now , it time for footings and foundations. Most footings and foundations are poured cement that is reinforced with steel rods called rebar. Footing forms are laid along the outline of your home and filled with concrete.
- Rough Framing
Some people call it the skeleton, others refer to it as the shell. What it means is that things finally start getting vertical. The walls, floors, and roofs that define shape of your new home go up.
- Exterior Work
The exterior work will run in parallel with the remaining interior work. Roofing will be installed followed by various other elements such as siding, and other exterior surface materials. Final grading to make sure water gets directed away from your home. Driveways, walkways, and patios will be poured, along with the final landscaping.
- Rough Plumbing, Electrical, and HVAC
After the roof, windows and exterior walls are complete, the house is considered “dried in.” That means the interior should be protected from the weather enough for tradespeople to begin installing heating and cooling ducts, plumbing and finally electrical wiring.
- Pre-Drywall Inspection
Time to verify all of the structural changes and see if any change orders are needed.
Time to fill in those walls with insulation. Much of the decision on what type of insulation to use will depend on budget and climate.
Things start to get real when the drywall goes up. The seams will be taped and “mudded” and any spray texture finish applied.
- Final Plumbing, Electrical, and HVAC
Toilets, faucets, hot water heater, electrical panel, light switches and fixtures, outlets and heat register covers come in next, along with your HVAC System.
Cabinets, appliances, and other finishes are installed. Everything from kitchen counters and cabinets to bathtubs and vanities will be installed/
- Flooring Completed
Now that the heavy construction foot traffic is over, it’s time for crews to install carpeting and hardwoods.
- Final Walk-Through
Final walkthrough isn’t optional. We will go through the home in great detail. We will create a “punch list” of items that need to be fixed before you accept the home as finished and make final payment. We will also explain how the thermostat works as well as any maintenance requirements you’ll need to meet and any warranty protection you have.
- Your personal builder will walk you through your new home orientation
- This will review how to operate and care for your new home
- You will be introduced to the customer support team
- Warranty and support review